Hullabalu-Introduces New Storybook App, Pan: Chasing the Keeper

Hullabalu, the NYC based company has introduced a new storybook app, Pandora. Hullabalu creates inventive, interesting and engaging storybooks that will capture your little one’s attention and tug on their heart-strings.

Suzanne Xie has created Pandora,  #1 children’s storybook app on iTunes in 15 countries (beating the Disney, Nickleodeon and Sesame Street books). Currently there are two books in the series, Pan: Pan the Fearless Beribolt and Pan: Chasing the Keeper.  These books follow Pandora,  a female lead heroine in the form of a little purple panda who is on the search for her parents. Pan isn’t perfect. She makes mistakes, sometimes really silly ones, and learns from them. All the trouble Pan causes makes her a stronger character in the end. Stories and parables have been used for centuries to entertain and educate both kids and adults alike, and Pan is here to remind us that learning is a life-long process best experienced through action, trial, and error.

The interactive epic adventures have been dubbed the “Harry Potter of IBooks” for many reasons.  When Suzanne set out to create the Pan series she noticed how tech was changing and asked herself how could she  bring stories to kids that will engage them even more and reflect this change in society? There are fewer stories that inspire girls and boys to be leaders and take adventures so Suzanne made that philosophy an integral part of our creation process.   Suzanne also noticed that in most epic stories the protagonist is almost always male. Suzanne’s hope is that her stories will make female heroes a more natural narrative, which will hopefully make an impact for the next generation of women.

The Pan books are not like most kids’ stories. The Hullabalu approach to stories is heavily informed by a series of leadership traits that are crucial to success at any age. Among them are: courage, perseverance and integrity.  Suzanne, an immigrant from China who spent the first 4 years of her life searching for her parents, learned at a young age the meaning of the American dream. Her parents, through a combination of hard work, humor and luck achieved it. Now she’s on a quest to translate these same values into a fun, clever and heart-felt mobile adventure aimed at kids aged 3-7. Her adventures are created to inspire kids to reach for success and do it with integrity. Achievement in her story is necessary for survival.

CLICK HERE to connect to itunes and download the adorable stories featuring Pandora now. Recommended for ages 4+, and available for both iPad and iPhone.

A bit about Hullabalu:

Hullabalu is a company based in NYC, creating stories for the new generation. We are inspired by our love for fantastical worlds, the timeless classics we grew up with, and the kids who visit our office.
Pan: The Fearless Beribolt is the first story app in the Pan adventure series. We hope you have as much fun with Pan on her adventures as we did making it!

I was not compensated for this post.

If you already show your support and liked “Everything’s Abuzz” on facebook, thank you! If not, why not head on over and “like” Everything’s Abuzz on Facebook to keep up with the latest Buzzzz.

Enjoyed this post? We would love to have you back, Sign up to get the latest from Everything’s Abuzz:

Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. We love new story apps and anything that keeps the littles busy. Thanks for the review.

2. Becky VanGinkel says:

This looks like a really neat app! I like that her stories encourage courage and integrity. I am definitely going to check this out for my children who are newborn, 3, and 10 :) Thanks so much for sharing!

babydjs_mom@yahoo.com

3. joanna garcia says:

i love apps that teach and entertain the kids! this will be great!

4. Teresa Honores says:

I love stories that have parables and teach lessons and apps that have interactive features! This seems like a great app to download!

5. C R Williams says:

Not sure if my daughter would like this one.

6. Amanda Buccieri says:

Going to try this one out with my daughter!!!

7. I really like that they have the panda making mistakes and learning from them- this is so important for kids (and adults) to realize and accept. Learning something that never really ends and sometimes making mistakes can lead to great things.

8. Beanybopp says:

Our son LOVES interactive books! Now he is too young for this one but I agree with the author on how heros always seem to be male and it is refreshing to see that this one is a female. The only thing I dont like is that it only available for Iphones and all. I have a big problem with companies (like Disney) who only have their apps for Iphone/Apple products only because I refuse to go out and buy an apple product just to be able to get our son those apps….:/

9. Tracie Trump says:

This looks like a cool app and my nieces would love it!

10. Kimberley O says:

I love that this app is both educational AND fun!

11. This looks like an app my boys would love. And I really love how it emphasizes character building.

12. Always looking for apps to make the iPad experience more educational. This is definitely one I’m going to try.

13. Natalie S says:

This looks/sounds like a great app! My boys are really into apps on our phones right now! Will have to check this one out – thanks!

14. My husband just got me an iPad for Christmas and I haven’t downloaded anything for our 2 year old yet because I just didn’t know where to start. I think this will be her first download. She loves pandas and the color purple, and I love that there is actually meaning behind the story and it isn’t an app that just distracts her with flashing lights and music but no real purpose.

15. Kathleen Ophelan says:

Super cute. In terms of educational experience what kind of activities does this game have? I may try it with my son!

16. Richard Hicks says:

I like this and I am sure the kids would love it.

17. Just going through books… About 500 and decided to make a clean sweep! We kept a few hundred but want to use the library and apps like this one more than we do now. Our house is just not thar big!

18. Janet W. says:

This would be perfect for my grandsons! They really enjoy storybook apps.