After #potty-training my second child, I figured I would share what worked for us and maybe help others have as much success as we did. Lil Bee is just over two and was trained very quickly.
I’ll share HOW we knew she was ready:
1. She was able to tell us every time right before or after she she eliminated in her diaper. (Ie she recognized the signals her body was giving her)
2. She never wanted to stay in a wet/soiled diaper.
3. Was interested in all things Potty: using the mini potty herself, seeing how the toilet flushed, curious to see what others were doing in the bathroom
4. Showed an increased ability to dress and undress herself (I do not necessary think this is an absolute must.)
5. She asked to wear underwear like her big brother and was pretending her dolls were potty training (she would put them on the potty and clap and sing them a little song!)
6. She was able to help clean the bathroom (just kidding! would be nice though!)
How did you know your little one was ready to #potty train?
If you enjoyed this post, we would love to have you back, Sign up to get the “Buzz”