In the current age, we are facing a climate change problem more than ever. The environment is a concern for the entire world and even with maximum efforts from all the countries, it is still a big dilemm–a on the global level.
Along with a variety of industries, the food and beverage industry has also made many significant changes in accordance with eco friendly packaging and take away systems.There have been many developments in the food packaging supplies so as to bring a good change. Let us look at some of these advancements in the following:-
- Replace plastic straws – Eliminating the use of plastic straw brings a drastic change since straw is used everywhere around the world. The alternates that are evidently replacing plastic straw are paper straw and edible straw. Bringing such changes in our daily life is a big contribution as a whole.
- Replace plastic bags with paper bags – The food packaging supply all over the world used to use plastic bags initially. Since food take away was a practice accounted for in a good number, the use of plastic bags was highly increasing day by day. Replacing beverage take away bags that were widely made up of plastic with degradable bags made up of paper and other biodegradable materials sum up to be a very good decision of the food supply chains for the betterment of our environment.
- Reducing the use of meat – Excessive meat production leads to adverse effects on the environment. Many pieces of research have proven that high consumption of meat may be harmful to both, the human body as well as the planet. The environmentalists and food research organizations have stated that one of the major reasons for not being able to put a pause on the rapid and abrupt change in the climate is due to the excessive production of meat. Hence, controlled consumption of the same would lead to lesser production proportionately.
- Avoid the use of containers made of single-use plastic – Many food companies have started to avoid the use of single use plastic as food and drink containers. Hard paper containers, foils, reusable plastic, cardboard containers, edible containers, etc. There are numerous options for the same to support eco friendly take away.
- Use of eco friendly cutlery with take away parcels – Nowadays, food companies are ditching the plastic cutlery and switching to wooden and edible cutlery which can be reused as well as thrown away without leaving harmful repercussions on the environment.
According to some research, the highest damage in the environment is done by single use plastic. The activists and environmentalists have been campaigning for the ban of single use plastic and reducing the use of paper and other alternatives since a long time now.