One of the oldest cat breeds that are native to England’s biodiversity is the British Shorthair cat. They are super cute in terms of looks and having one of them at your home will be amazing. But the question is whether you know about these cats or not! For example, do you have any idea about this cat’s temperamental behaviour or food habits?
Well, if your answer is yes, then we think you are at the right place. In this following section, we will discuss some of the most interesting facts you must know.
British Shorthair Kittens- What They Are And Their Origin
The British Shorthair kittens for sale are often termed teddy bears. They truly look like a living bear with their fluffy fur coat, larger facial silhouettes, and so on. These cats are very much affectionate and can easily open up to anyone. Moreover, they do not get violent too much like other feline breeds. Also, they can be trained at your convenience like peeing only in the bathroom or eating milk properly.
If we talk about their origin or history, it is believed that the British Shorthair breed was first seen in Rome. In the Roman Empire, people kept them as pets or workers. But as time went by, the number of Shorthairs decreased from Rome. And later on, the cats were seen in Britain which is why it’s claimed that the breed is native to England.
Physical And Physiological Features
Every cat breed has different physical features. The same is with British Shorthair kittens. For example:
- They have a flatter and round face that almost looks like a pressed tortilla.
- Their ears aren’t long but have pointed tips.
- Females and males have different weight ranges, both in younger and grown-up stages.
- Their fur coat has a grey matte colour. But sometimes, you can see blurred white spots on their coats. These cats mainly belong to the hybrid class.
- When grown-up, their height is approximately about 14 inches, measured from the bottom of paws to their spine.
- They are very delicate and soft. So, you must handle them properly.
Temperament And Psychological Behaviours
The British Shorthair kittens for sale have a placid or calm temperament. They do not get angry much and can live in harmony with other pets. Therefore, having them at your house will cause you no hassle. Furthermore, these kittens are pretty much affectionate and fiercely loyal. They know who loves them genuinely and who doesn’t. Perhaps that is why they will always cling to you.
Having a cat in your house is quite a matter of fun. Dogs and cats pretty much live in harmony and therefore, you can surely get this feline breed. However, do make sure to consult your vet about the health and safety considerations of the British Shorthair breed.